Asbestos Leeds Services for over 20 years- Welcome to Easaway Environmental
Asbestos Leeds Services for over 20 years
As reported by the HSE, Asbestos is the single greatest cause of work-related deaths in the UK. So if you think your home or business may have an asbestos problem or risk, make sure you choose an asbestos services supplier who knows what they are doing.
Easaway Environmental have been providing professional Asbestos Services to business and homes throughout the Yorkshire region since 1990. Through our Asbestos partners, we are a fully licensed and qualified contractor that can offer the complete range of Asbestos Services that include:
- Asbestos Surveys Leeds
- Air Testing & Sampling Leeds
- Asbestos Management Leeds
- Asbestos Dismantling Leeds
- Asbestos Removal Leeds
- Asbestos Disposal Leeds
We are experts in dealing with Asbestos problems in both the domestic and commercial marketplaces, and have comprehensive experience of providing Asbestos Removal services to a wide variety of industry sectors including:
- Sports clubs
- Industrial Units
- Council buildings
Whilst our Asbestos Engineers are located around Yorkshires main towns, including Leeds, Wakefield, Huddersfield, York, Bradford and Harrogate, we can deliver Commercial Asbestos Services anywhere in the UK.
If you are worried about the risk of Asbestos in your home or business and would like to speak to one of our asbestos specialists, don’t hesitate to call. If nothing else, we can give you some help and advice on the likelihood of there being an Asbestos risk.
Where can I find Asbestos?
Asbestos is often found in the following places:
- Asbestos cement products (Roofs / Cladding / Flues / Downpipes / Gutters)
- Textured coatings (eg ‘Artex’ used for decorative finishes on walls and ceilings)
- Floor tiles, textiles and composites (toilet cisterns & seats / window sills / bath panels)
- Sprayed coatings on ceilings, walls and beams/columns
- Asbestos insulating board (Partition walls / fire doors / Lift shaft linings / Ceiling tiles / Soffits)
- Lagging (heating systems / round boilers / calorifiers / around pipework)
- Loose asbestos in the ceiling or floor cavity
Why is asbestos dangerous?
Asbestos fibres are present in our natural environment, so irrespective of where you live: Leeds, Wakefield, Huddersfield, Bradford, York, Harrogate or beyond, everyone is exposed to a very low level of Asbestos fibres.
However, the number of Asbestos fibres we breathe in over an assessed period of time is the key factor that determines the risk of developing an asbestos-related disease. People that work on or near damaged asbestos-containing materials on a regular basis are significantly more likely to inhale high levels of asbestos fibres. Prolonged exposure to this working environment can increase your chances of getting an asbestos-related disease. These include:
- Mesothelioma (which is always fatal)
- Lung Cancer (almost always fatal)
- Asbestosis (not always fatal, but it can be very debilitating)
- Diffuse Pleural Thickening (not fatal)
These asbestos related diseases are currently responsible for around 4,000 deaths a year. Typically, these diseases will not affect you immediately but later on in life. If you feel your home or business may be exposed to the risk of Asbestos, please contact Easaway Environmental.